Largest Saltwater Lake In The World – Caspian Sea is the world’s largest lake.
It has the greatest surface area of any lake at 371,000 square km (143,000 sq mi)
It also has the largest volume at 78,200 km3 (18,800 cu mi).
GEOGRAPHY OF CASPIAN SEA:
- Caspian sea is a landlocked sea between Asia and Europe.
- It is ENDORHEIC – having no natural outflow, except evaporation
- World’s largest inland water body, and also largest freshwater lake.
- It is called a sea because ancient Romans found it salty, especially the southern reaches.
- Resources: holds great number of sturgeons, which yield eggs that are processed into caviar.
- Besides, has a natural gas and oil reserve.
Largest Saltwater Lake In The World